Grants, which cannot exceed 50% of the total project cost, are awarded to support the costs of the following list of projects or items:
- Replacement of unsafe goalposts
- Portable floodlights
- Storage containers
- Changing pavilion/clubhouse refurbishment and external works*
- Grounds maintenance equipment
- Pitch improvement works (natural and artificial surfaces)*
* Routine maintenance works (i.e. preventative or cyclical maintenance works which are required on a regular basis to keep the facility in suitable condition) are not considered eligible under this scheme. Please refer to the specific advice in the sections below.
The Scheme is available to:
- Local authorities
- Educational establishments
- Grassroots football clubs (not including those in the FA National League System)
- Professional and semi-professional Football Clubs and their associated Community Organisations (from Premier League to Conference), to support their community outreach programmes.
We cannot consider your application if you start work, appoint a contractor or purchase items before we approve a grant for your project, issue a grant offer letter and receive your signed formal acceptance.
The maximum grant available from the Premier League and The FA Facilities Fund Small Grants Scheme is £10,000.
The minimum grant is £1,000, unless you are applying for funding towards the replacement of unsafe goalposts.
The maximum total project cost is £50,000 (including VAT, if applicable).
Grants cannot exceed 50% of the eligible project cost.
Organisations are only allowed to apply for a maximum of £10,000, every two seasons (1 June – 31 May). This must be through a single grant application.
Applying for funding
This area of the website is split into sections to provide support on every step of your project, from pre-application advice to claiming your money. Use the navigation on the right to move between sections.
We recommend reading through all of the sections before proceeding with your project.