Grounds maintenance equipment is essential for organisations to provide a quality playing surface that is fit for purpose. The Premier League and The FA Facilities Fund Small Grants Scheme will accept applications for both new and previously owned grounds maintenance equipment. If previously owned, the Foundation will expect the equipment to be purchased from a reputable dealer, with a minimum 12 month warranty.
To apply for a grant towards grounds maintenance equipment through this scheme, you are required to have a report from either the FA Regional Pitch Advisor or an independent qualified groundsman that justifies the need for the equipment. Please contact your County FA to discuss how to seek advice from the FA Regional Pitch Advisor.
If successful with your application for grounds maintenance equipment, it is expected that:
- the equipment will be covered by suitable contents insurance, and be securely stored when not in use
- the equipment will be used only by suitably trained personnel, over the age of 18
- the equipment will be operated, maintained and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
In order for your application to be processed, you will need the following documents:
- Pitch report from FA Regional Pitch Advisor or independent qualified groundsman
- Two like-for-like quotations (‘Like-for-like’ means comparable quotations from different suppliers for the same piece of equipment)
- If previously owned grounds maintenance equipment is to be purchased, a copy of the warranty from a reputable dealer is required
- Photos of where the equipment will be stored, and of the existing equipment, if being replaced.