Barclays Community Sports Awards (the “Awards”)
1. Barclays Bank PLC (“Barclays”) has agreed, subject to the terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) set out below, to:
(i) award a grant of £1,000 (a “Monthly Award”) to each monthly winner (a “Monthly Winner” and collectively “Monthly Winners”); and
(ii) award a grant of a further £5,000 and the opportunity of a celebratory event (the “Overall Award”) for one of the Monthly Winners (the “Overall Winner”) at the end of the 2012 – 2013 Barclays Premier League football season.
2. Any individual or group of individuals associated with a not-for-profit organisation (a “Nominee”) may be nominated for a Monthly Award. Applications must be made by a nominator (a “Nominator”) on behalf of another person or a not-for-profit organisation. Individuals may not nominate themselves.
3. Nominations must be for not-for-profit organisations located in the UK and UK residents, of any age, including employees and their immediate families (in their personal capacity) of Barclays Bank PLC, its parent company and subsidiaries (the “Barclays Group”), the Football Foundation and the Football Association Premier League Limited (the “Premier League”). Nominators need not be located in the UK.
4. Applications will be judged by the official panel (the “Panel”) consisting of Gareth Southgate and representatives from the Football Foundation, the Premier League and Barclays. The Panel’s decision is final.
5. Each Monthly Winner will automatically be put forward to win a further £5,000 from Barclays Bank PLC - Barclays Spaces for Sports and end of season celebratory event.
6. All entries must be made via www.barclayscommunitysportsaward.com on or before 5.00 p.m. on the 12th of each month in order to be eligible for participation in the Monthly Award which will then be announced on the first Friday of the following month. Once received, valid entries will then also be considered for subsequent months until 12 April, 2013. The final Monthly Award will be announced on 6 May, 2013 and the Overall Award will be announced on 20 May, 2013.
7. Entry into the Awards constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions will continue to apply to all Nominators and Monthly Winners until 12 May 2013. However, with respect to the Overall Winner, these Terms and Conditions will continue to apply until the Overall Award has been applied in accordance with clauses 12 & 13 below.
8. Each Monthly Winner will be required to complete and duly sign a letter of acceptance (the “Letter of Acceptance”) which will be sent by the Football Foundation on behalf of Barclays Spaces for Sports. These Terms and Conditions and the completed Letter of Acceptance will constitute the agreement between Barclays and the Monthly Winner. If the Monthly Winner fails to accept the offer within the deadline specified in the Acceptance Letter, the offer will lapse unless reasons, which are accepted by Barclays, are given for the delay. If this offer lapses, the Monthly Winner’s application will be regarded as having been withdrawn and no replacement winner will be selected by the Panel.
9. Barclays shall be permitted on prior written notice to the Nominator and Nominee to assign or transmit the benefit and the burden of these Terms and Conditions to any successor body of Barclays.
10. Barclays reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the Awards as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control.
11. Nominees hereby give their consent to any publicity about the Awards and their project as Barclays may from time to time require. Barclays may carry out any forms of publicity and marketing to promote the Awards as it sees fit. Nominees agree to do whatever Barclays reasonably requires in order to assist with any form of publicity and marketing, including any press or media related activities.
12. Nominees must use sport to benefit communities across the UK in order to be eligible for the Awards.
13. Nominees must not:
(i) Support or be a political party or body;
(ii) Promote religious beliefs (though projects run by religious groups that benefit the whole community are eligible);
(iii) Be a Rotary Club, Lions Clubs or other third-party giving organisation;
(iv) Be a medical charity or fund or support medical research;
(v) Apply any part of the Monthly Award or Overall Award to fund hospital costs;
(vi) Apply any part of the Monthly Award or Overall Award to fund salary costs; or
(vii) Support animal care charities.
14. Eligibility for a Monthly Award or the Overall Award is subject to a Monthly Winner fulfilling, to Barclays satisfaction, the following requirements:
(i) any money received will be used solely towards furthering the positive impact for the community / beneficiaries which the project has already had, and under no circumstances will it be used for any other purpose;
(ii) the Monthly Winner and Overall Winner must spend at least half of the money received on skills based qualifications for young people or the local community. Barclays and the Football Foundation reserve the right to request details of expenditure for a year from the award acceptance date;
(iii) the Monthly Winner and the Overall Winner shall comply with all statutory requirements and other laws and regulations relating to the project, including without limitation all relevant health, safety and employment laws and regulations;
(iv) the Monthly Winner and the Overall Winner shall maintain full and proper accounts and records regarding the project. Any representative authorised by Barclays shall be given access, whenever Barclays so requests, to such accounts and records;
(v) no one will be denied access to use the project on grounds of race, creed, colour, sex, occupation, sexual orientation, disability, religion or political persuasion;
(vi) the online nomination form shall be completed by the Nominator honestly and all information contained therein shall be correct and not misleading;
(vii) the Nominator and Nominee must satisfy these Terms and Conditions; and
(viii) the Monthly Winner and the Overall Winner may not transfer any part of the Award or any rights under it to another organisation or individual unless Barclays has provided its prior written approval.
Payment of the Award
15. Once the Monthly Winner and the Overall Winner has accepted the Terms and Conditions, fulfilled the requirements set out above and Barclays has been satisfied by the appropriate documents, the Monthly Award or the Overall Award will be paid in full.
16. The winner will nominate one charitable organisation ("Recipient Organisation") to receive the award on their behalf. The Recipient Organisation must be a UK registered charity or any other UK organisation that is registered as charitable for tax purposes. Unless otherwise notified by Barclays the payment will be made directly from Barclays Bank PLC to the Recipient Organisation by means of a Charities Aid Foundation charity cheque.
Exclusion of liability
17. The Barclays Group accepts no liability for any consequences, whether direct or indirect, that may arise from the Awards application, running of the relevant community sports project, use of the Monthly Award and the Overall Award or from a withdrawal of the Awards pursuant to clause 10 of these Terms and Conditions.
18. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Barclays accepts no responsibility for any loss, whether arising from negligence or not, which is not foreseeable or arises as a result of the use of the Award.
19. Barclays decision regarding all promotional matters is final and binding.
Privacy – your information
20. Your information will be collected and stored by the Football Foundation in accordance with privacy and data protection laws and the privacy statement that you can access from the bottom of this page.
21. The Football Foundation will share the information with Barclays and the Premier League so that they can use it in connection with the Awards, specifically to consider your application and to select a Monthly Winner and the Overall Winner.
22. The Football Foundation, Barclays and the Premier League will only use the personal information collected for the purposes of the Awards.
23. The names of Monthly Winners, the Overall Winner and the organisations associated with them and the amounts they receive may be released to the public via press releases and other public announcements.
24. By submitting the nomination, you confirm that you, the Nominee and the referee are all happy for the Football Foundation, Barclays and the Premier League to process your / their information for the Awards, as detailed above. Please make sure that the Nominee and referee are happy for their information to be used in this way before you submit the nomination.
25. Barclays reserves the right to amend or alter these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice to the Nominator or Nominee.
26. These Terms and Conditions, and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.